Are you ready for the second Sea.Hear.Now Festival this weekend? We can’t wait to be back in Asbury Park with you. With so much to see, hear, and taste, here are the important logistics and tips to keep you in the know, and to make the most of your SHN experience.
BOX OFFICE + TICKETING 101
The Festival Box Office is located in the Paramount Theater Box Office at 1300 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ. Please bring a valid photo ID in order to pick up your wristbands. The Box Office will be open during the following times:
Friday, 9/20: 11:30am – 7pm
Saturday, 9/21: 11am – 9:30pm
Sunday, 9/22: 11am – 9:30pm
Wristband activation ensures a smooth process when entering the festival each day and allows you to add emergency contact info to your wristband. All you need to do is enter your wristband ID number and contact info to activate!
You’ll also have the opportunity to register for Cashless – it’s the easy way for you to pay for food, drinks, merch and more with your wristband during the festival.
BAG POLICY + ENTERING THE FEST
For the safety of everyone entering the festival, all patrons are subject to a full and complete search prior to entry. Please review the Allowed & Prohibited items list for a stress-free entry process.
All bags will be searched before entry.
Bags will be restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Bag size may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm), or 30 linear inches (75cm) in total, and must have no more than one singular pocket or opening. Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets are prohibited. Hydration packs are allowed but must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than two pockets in addition to the one holding the water reservoir.
Your safety is our top priority. Here are some helpful tips on how to prepare for the fest:
- Have Emergency Contact info on your person and your phone lock screen in case emergency personnel need to know (PRO-TIP: Make sure to register your wristband where you will be asked to fill out an Emergency Contact).
- Remember to stay hydrated (visit our Water Stations for free, cool, filtered water) and eat regularly at the food court.
- Protect yourself from the sun – take breaks and find shade. Sunscreen lotion, hats, and sunglasses are key.
- Bring hearing protection – we get loud (PRO-TIP: If you forget your ear plugs, stop by the info tent to grab a pair).
- Keep yourself and your belongings safe – be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your personal items at all times. If you find something OR lose something, head to the information tent for our Lost & Found.
- Bring a list of allergies and medications you take in case of medical emergency.
- Dress for the weather – we’re constantly monitoring the weather. Keep an eye on the radar before heading to Asbury Park so you can dress accordingly (rain boots, ponchos, etc).
DOWNLOAD THE MOBILE APP
From creating your custom schedule to mapping out Asbury Park – download The Official Sea.Hear.Now Mobile App for iPhone and Android and you’ll have everything you need to know right in the palm of your hand.
PRO-TIP: Be sure to opt-in for push notifications to stay in the know about what’s going on around the festival. You’ll be the first to know about things like schedule changes, important updates, and fun giveaways.
THE FESTIVAL MAP
Once you’ve downloaded the mobile app, take a look at the Festival Map to get to know the festival grounds. Find out which stages are where and map out other hotspots like the Hydration Stations for free water, the SHN Food Court, and more.
GETTING TO THE FESTIVAL
There are plenty of ways to get to Sea.Hear.Now! From public transportation to bicycling, keep reading for ways to get to the fest.
North Beach of Asbury Park- Bradley Park-Atlantic Park
1300 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Public transportation information, including train and bus schedules, is available via the NJ Transit.
Coming to Sea.Hear.Now from the North / New York City
To get to the festival from NYC’s Penn Station (7th Ave & 32nd Street):
- Take North Jersey Coastline Route (Toward Bay Head or Long Branch)
- Transfer at Long Branch Station
- Take North Jersey Coastline Route (Towards Bay Head)
- Detrain at Asbury Park Station (200 Memorial Drive) and proceed to festival location
Returning from Sea.Hear.Now using Asbury Station (200 Memorial Drive):
- Take North Jersey Coastline Route (Toward Long Branch)
- Transfer at Long Branch Station
- Take North Jersey Coastline Route (Toward NYC Penn Station)
- Ride to NYC Penn Station (7th Ave & 32nd Street)
NOTE: Asbury Park Station is a 5 minute car ride or 15 minute walk from the festival.
Last trains of the night:
From Asbury Park:
- To Long Branch/Newark/New York at 9:43pm and 11:57pm
- To Bay Head at 10:58pm, 12:58am, and 2:54am
From Long Branch:
- To Newark/New York at 11:32pm and 12:18am
- Note that the 11:57 train from Asbury Park connects with the 12:18am train from Long Branch
PICK UP/DROP OFF AREA
Our official passenger drop off and pick up location is:
115 4th Ave
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Bike parking at Sea.Hear.Now will be available at the corner of 5th Avenue & Kingsley Street – near the main festival entrance. Cyclists must provide their own locks.
Whether you’re looking to grab some delicious pizza, fresh oysters, chicken & waffles or traditional Jersey Shore delights, our food vendors have something for everyone. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options will be available.
Asbury Park also has incredible local businesses along the boardwalk, many of which will be open for business during festival hours. Grab a bite there too, and check out all the businesses on the boardwalk.
AROUND THE PARK
When you’re ready to take a break from all the music, be sure to check out other happenings in the park. Some of our favorite partners will be in Asbury Park to bring you free goodies, fun activities, giveaways and more throughout the weekend.
Sea.Hear.Now is more than just a music festival. In addition to an incredible lineup of talented bands, surf enthusiasts and music-lovers alike will enjoy live surfer expression sessions with pro surfers, board shaping demos, and more. Check out which surfers will be at the fest, and learn more about our surf experience below.
While you’re at Sea.Hear.Now don’t miss the Danny Clinch Transparent Gallery Pop Up featuring art from many of the multi-talented musicians on the festival’s bill.
The Danny Clinch Transparent Gallery has become an inclusive community hub in Asbury Park as a space that is part gallery, part music venue, and part local living room for all who wish to stop by and feel the magic created by legendary rock photographer Danny Clinch and gallery curator Tina Kerekes. The welcome vibe of the space will carry over into the festival’s pop up gallery location where attendees will view the artwork of participating musicians on the festival’s line up. This special opportunity welcomes music fans to see a more intimate creative side of their favorite rock stars. Their art will mingle with Danny Clinch’s iconic portraits of music legends, including many of Sea.Hear.Now’s performers.
The Danny Clinch Transparent Gallery Pop Up invites you to stop by during the festival to hang out in the lounge and view the artwork.
Need to get your flow on in the morning before a full day of music & surf at Sea.Hear.Now? We’re excited to announce Yoga Sessions featuring Eoin Finn will be taking place each morning during of Sea.Hear.Now (Sept. 21-22) from 8:30am-9:30am inside the festival site! Relax and recharge with us on the beautiful beach.
Yoga Sessions will be free and open to the general public. The entrance for the Yoga sessions is the South side of the boardwalk next to the Paramount/Convention Hall.
Be sure to stop by the Festival Store and take a piece of the weekend with you! Snag one of our limited-edition lineup tees, hats, hoodies, enamel pins and more. Don’t miss the 2019 Commemorative Poster with complete lineup. Official festival merchandise is only available inside the festival, so stop by early for the best selection!
KEEP UP WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, for the latest information and updates on the festival. Remember to hashtag all of your photos #SeaHearNow, and we’ll see you in Asbury Park!